Prizegiving and AGM 2021
Tuesday 23/03/21 6pm
Prizegiving will commence at 6pm Trophies and certificates will be awarded to the winners and placegetters of each grade (Trophies will be only presented to club members) as well as spot prizes available for all that attend so make sure you come along and show your support
After the conclusion of the Prizegiving the club will supply platters and pizza for everyone to share, we will then move onto the AGM portion of the evening
Cash bar is also available
Please note there are two door prizes valued at $100 each for the AGM portion so make sure you attend!!
Election of Officers- please note these current members of the committee will not be standing for re-election this year: Sheryl Duncan, Stephen Holdsworth, Dave Byres, Kerry Edwards & Tina Edwards
Set Club Fees for next year
General Business -
Update on who is attending Age Group Road Nationals in Rotorua in April, introduce team managers for those that dont know Kerry & Tina Edwards
Dynamo Series Report / Feedback / Plans for next race series
Cycle challenge update
Open forum for members
ATTENTION ALL CYCLISTS
Taupo Cycling Club Summer Series 2020 and 2021
Taupo Cycling Club are pleased to announce their new dates for 2020 and 2021 rides to be held at the Bruce McLaren Motorsport Park
There will be pre-season night and evening rides on selected Tuesdays and Thursdays. Club members free, non club members $ 5.00 per senior or $ 2.00 per junior. (front and rear lights compulsory before daylight savings ends)
There are lots of rides scheduled for the season (25 in total) which will only succeed if you come.
Safe riding on a sealed surface in bunches or individually. Come for a chat-fest with your friends and club members or ride solo if you have less friends!
Bring any bike! Well maybe not unicycles! And get out there. This includes Mtb and electric bikes - all welcome.
See the club Facebook page or website for exact dates and further information, then tell your friends.
Disclaimer: Although cycling is not proven to stop Covid-19 it certainly makes you feel better.
Members with Current First Aid Certificates
Do you have a current first aid certificate? As part of our Health & Safety planning we would like to put together a register of all of our Club Members who have a current qualified First Aid qualification. If this is you can you please send your details through to email@example.com?
2021 Club Memberships
Membership renewals will be open from 1st October 2020 and can be processed online at the Cycling New Zealand https://www.cyclingnewzealand.nz/clubs-and-membership/becoming-a-member/ from that date. The new membership will be valid through to 31 December 2020.
Membership Options Updated
Following a review by Cycling New Zealand,2016 the licensing structure nationwide has been streamlined. As a result the pricing and membership tiers have been updated for the new season. There are no longer separate 'ride' or 'race' categories, they become 'Adult' and 'Youth (U19)'. Pricing for the new season will be as follows:
Change to a single tier membership structure means that some members will pay less and others will pay more. The overall change is "revenue neutral" for all levels of the Cycling structure in New Zealand - Taupo Road Cycling Club, Waikato/BOP Regional Centre and Cycling New Zealand Federation. (Your membership fee is shared amongst these three parts of the organisation).
For those members that will face an increase in membership fees, there are a range of opportunities and benefits that open up to you as a result of these changes:
- Access to be able to enter any club, regional or National event throughout New Zealand, both Road & Track and Mountain Bike
- Access to a large number of events that are safer and more controlled than many of the fun rides that are held, and with much cheaper entry fees as well.
- Cycling New Zealand Website profile and online access
- Regular e-newsletters from Cycling New Zealand
- Discounts from a range of partners (including Noel Leeming, Repco and Placemakers amongst others)
- Personal Liability Insurance Cover
- Comprehensive Liability insurance (policy owned by affiliated clubs and available to members only)
By joining the Taupo Road Cycling Club, you are contributing to the ongoing development of cycling in New Zealand. Not just racing, but also ensuring that kids get to learn about safe cycling and that all types of cyclists continue to be able to use the roads and trails throughout the country.
Cycling New Zealand
- The National Federation responsible for the ongoing development of cycling in NZ
- Co-ordinates competition throughout NZ
- Runs development programmes for Junior cyclists (several Taupo riders have benefitted from this over the years)
- Develops coaches & officials - over 80 coaches trained up in 2015
- Works with the Road Safety Trust on a number of Community cycling programmes - in 2 years, over 6,000 children and 580 adults introduced to cycling as a sport, transport, recreation and adventure activity.
- Developed the Ride Leader programme - 20 ride leaders developed in 2015, more in 2016
- Secured changes to Traffic Management requirements to ensure continued ability for ride organisers to be able to run events on the road.
- In 2015, CNZ High Performance Athletes won three Junior World Titles, plus won an Elite Womens Cycling Time Trial World Title, and a U23 Cross Country MTB World Title
The regional body that is responsible for cycling in this area. A core group of officials help run events throughout the region, there are Regional Champs held (the WBOP Track Champs is the biggest Track Cycling event held in NZ) and an association of clubs and event organisers that keep road and track cycling strong in Waikato/Bay of Plenty.
Taupo Road Cycling Club
- Puts on many events/organised rides throughout the year this includes the Spring & Summer Series at the Bruce Mclaren Motorsport Park, the interclub series with Rotorua & Tokoroa, Club Champs & plans for more in the year to come
- Keeps members informed of upcoming events, with calendars, website and Facebook page
- Provides financial support for members going to National Champs and other major events
- Provides the opportunity to meet like-minded individuals
- Organises teams going to events, we have a team racing in the upcoming Dynamo Team Series
- Junior Development Initiatives
- Skills Sessions for all club members
- Wednesday night track cycling at the Taupo Velodrome
We look forward to welcoming you back as a member for the 2019 season!
If you have any questions there is a comprehensive FAQ on the Cycling New Zealand website, otherwise feel free to contact the club by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Taupo Cycling Club provides activities for cycling enthusiasts.
The club was the major driving force behind the building of the local cycling velodrome. This project was supported by the community, through various fund raising activies.
The goal of the club is to encourage & develop the sport of cycling, through organised activities.
As well as organising weekly rides like the Sunday Morning Social Ride, Tuesday Night Racing and Skills Session or Racing at the Velodrome, the club encourages entry into a variety of local, regional and international cycling events and you can check out the event calendar to find out more.
Keep up to date with everything cycling in the Lake Taupo region by subscribing to our eNewsletter, liking us on Facebook or checking out our Latest News page. Get in touch with Taupo Cycling Club to find out more!
SUNDAY MORNING RIDES
Sunday Morning social rides - These rides leave at 8:30, Meeting outside the Fern Cafe to start. Distance can vary in kms dependant on riders. We will regroup at designated points along the way.
For more information see Weekly Rides Tab and: Sun Morning Rides
View our Taupo Cycling Club Gallery to see more great pics and video clips!
WE NEED YOU!
The Taupo cycling club needs you! We have had a number of our wonderful committee members resign and move away from here.
I know it sounds cliched but we can only run the club on volunteer help.