Thank you to the Fern Cafe for your support.
Remember to finish your rides at the Suncourt Plaza with some fine refreshments at the Fern Cafe
Taupo Cycle Challenge 2017
Taupo cycle club has been asked again to supply Marshels for the Friday night Criterium event, The club does assist with this each year but we do relie on volunteere help. This is on the Friday 24th November the night before Cycle Challenge and shows some very exciting racing, If you are able to assist please email the secrtery at
Orders at Ultimo for Taupo Club kit are now open.
Please go to http://shop.ultimoclothing.co.nz/categories/tcc to order your new club kit by the 8th October 2017.
There is no minimum purchase, so order the new improved Taupo Club kit .This would make ideal Xmas presents , so get your shopping done early or treat yourself so you can be comfy and look great whilst out there riding this Summer
Spring Series 2017 Roster and result sheet
Please have a look at the roster for the series, if any changes are required we will endevour to accomodate any requests with some prior notice.
DJ is for Duty Judge which assists with the start of racing and judging of finishs.
DVP is for Development grade, which is aimed for 1st time riders wanting to give the series a go. The rostered person will ride with the grade assisting them and passing on knowledge of road cycling
2018 Club Memberships
Membership renewals will be open from 2nd October 2017 and can be processed online at the Cycling New Zealand website from that date. The new membership will be valid through to 31 December 2018.
Membership Options Updated
Following a review by Cycling New Zealand,2016 the licensing structure nationwide has been streamlined. As a result the pricing and membership tiers have been updated for the new season. There are no longer separate 'ride' or 'race' categories, they become 'Adult' and 'Youth (U19)'. Pricing for the new season will be as follows:
Change to a single tier membership structure means that some members will pay less and others will pay more. The overall change is "revenue neutral" for all levels of the Cycling structure in New Zealand - Taupo Road Cycling Club, Waikato/BOP Regional Centre and Cycling New Zealand Federation. (Your membership fee is shared amongst these three parts of the organisation).
For those members that will face an increase in membership fees, there are a range of opportunities and benefits that open up to you as a result of these changes:
- Access to be able to enter any club, regional or National event throughout New Zealand, both Road & Track and Mountain Bike
- Access to a large number of events that are safer and more controlled than many of the fun rides that are held, and with much cheaper entry fees as well.
- Cycling New Zealand Website profile and online access
- Regular e-newsletters from Cycling New Zealand
- Discounts from a range of partners (including Noel Leeming, Repco and Placemakers amongst others)
- Personal Liability Insurance Cover
- Comprehensive Liability insurance (policy owned by affiliated clubs and available to members only)
By joining the Taupo Road Cycling Club, you are contributing to the ongoing development of cycling in New Zealand. Not just racing, but also ensuring that kids get to learn about safe cycling and that all types of cyclists continue to be able to use the roads and trails throughout the country.
Cycling New Zealand
- The National Federation responsible for the ongoing development of cycling in NZ
- Co-ordinates competition throughout NZ
- Runs development programmes for Junior cyclists (several Taupo riders have benefitted from this over the years)
- Develops coaches & officials - over 80 coaches trained up in 2015
- Works with the Road Safety Trust on a number of Community cycling programmes - in 2 years, over 6,000 children and 580 adults introduced to cycling as a sport, transport, recreation and adventure activity.
- Developed the Ride Leader programme - 20 ride leaders developed in 2015, more in 2016
- Secured changes to Traffic Management requirements to ensure continued ability for ride organisers to be able to run events on the road.
- In 2015, CNZ High Performance Athletes won three Junior World Titles, plus won an Elite Womens Cycling Time Trial World Title, and a U23 Cross Country MTB World Title
The regional body that is responsible for cycling in this area. A core group of officials help run events throughout the region, there are Regional Champs held (the WBOP Track Champs is the biggest Track Cycling event held in NZ) and an association of clubs and event organisers that keep road and track cycling strong in Waikato/Bay of Plenty.
Taupo Road Cycling Club
- Puts on many events/organised rides throughout the year this includes the Spring & Summer Series at the Bruce Mclaren Motorsport Park, the interclub series with Rotorua & Tokoroa, Club Champs & plans for more in the year to come
- Keeps members informed of upcoming events, with calendars, website and Facebook page
- Provides financial support for members going to National Champs and other major events
- Provides the opportunity to meet like-minded individuals
- Organises teams going to events, we have a team racing in the upcoming Dynamo Team Series
- Junior Development Initiatives
- Skills Sessions for all club members
- Wednesday night track cycling at the Taupo Velodrome
We look forward to welcoming you back as a member for the 2017 season!
If you have any questions there is a comprehensive FAQ on the Cycling New Zealand website, otherwise feel free to contact the club by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Taupo Cycling Club provides activities for cycling enthusiasts.
The club was the major driving force behind the building of the local cycling velodrome. This project was supported by the community, through various fund raising activies.
The goal of the club is to encourage & develop the sport of cycling, through organised activities.
As well as organising weekly rides like the Sunday Morning Social Ride, Tuesday Night Racing and Skills Session or Racing at the Velodrome, the club encourages entry into a variety of local, regional and international cycling events and you can check out the event calendar to find out more.
Keep up to date with everything cycling in the Lake Taupo region by subscribing to our eNewsletter, liking us on Facebook or checking out our Latest News page. Get in touch with Taupo Cycling Club to find out more!
SUNDAY MORNING RIDES
The Sunday Morning Rides are in 2 main groups, the faster bunch at 8:30 and the slower bunch at 9:00. For more information see Weekly Rides Tab and: Sun Morning Rides
View our Taupo Cycling Club Gallery to see more great pics and video clips!
WE NEED YOU!
The Taupo cycling club needs you! We have had a number of our wonderful committee members resign and move away from here.
I know it sounds cliched but we can only run the club on volunteer help.