Taupo Cycling Club will once again be running a Junior Development Program aimed at riders in the U15 - U17 age group.
This year’s Program requires a commitment to attend the three major North Island Junior Tours in the Hawke’s Bay, Rotorua and Te Awamutu as well the National Road Club Championships in May, which includes a Time Trail and Road Race.
Taupo Cycling Club’s objective is to help our kids better themselves as both bike riders and athletes and help them work towards achieving there own personal goals that they set for themselves.
Taupo Cycling Club will provide the following:
- Individual training programs, advice and mentoring.
- Subsidised clothing to be worn at all races on the Development Program’s calendar. (Club kit to be finalised)
- Paid entry Fees to races on the Development Program calendar.
What we expect from you:
- Junior gears must be used at all times.
- Riders are expected to finish all races within reason, i.e. expect for crashes or illness.
- Riders will conduct themselves in a professional manner on and off the bike, before during and after events; bad sportsmanship, language or behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Parents will be expected to attend races as often as possible.
If you are interested in applying for the 2012 Development Program please fill out the form below - applications will close 31/12/2011.